Wednesday, April 11, 2012
Quinoa Quest: Fried 'Quinoa' Rice
Ok, I have not been a huge fan of Quinoa, but the nutritional facts have me on a quest to make this not so favorite complex carbohydrate a regular in my meals.
First try, Fried 'Quinoa' Rice!
Fried 'Quinoa' Rice
2 cups cooked quinoa
1 tablespoon olive oil
Cooked Protein (chicken, steak, shrimp)
Cooked Veggies (zucchini, peppers, onions, peas, carrots, corn)
Nuts (Cashews, peanuts)
1. Heat olive oil in a pan.
2. Add the 2 cups cook quinoa to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes moving the quinoa around.
3. Create a crater in the pan with the quinoa.
4. Crack the 2 eggs in the middle, scramble and cook.
5. Once the egg is fully cooked, top with soy sauce, garlic salt, and pepper to taste.
6. Stir in any of the optional ingredients.
My favorite combination is chicken, zucchini, and peanut fried 'quinoa' rice.
What is your favorite combination?