Thursday, June 7, 2012

2nd Time is a Charm: Home Made Sausage


 This guy is awesome and he knows how to cook, and cook well.  I am trying out this paleo/REAL FOOD thing, I mean not exclusive, but most of the time and I have found some great recipes.  Two of them from Mark's Daily Apple through Today's Letters, one of my favorite blogs. 

I initially thought making home made sausage was easy, I would just grind any meat, add spices here, add spices there and it would turn out right... oh man was I wrong and I made the nastiest chicken sausage.  I made almost 3lbs and threw it all out, it was that bad! So Attempt #2 was about to happen and I was going to look at a recipe.

AMAZING NEWS, it worked and it was sooooo goood!!!!  I think a few keys to my success were chicken thighs not breasts, don't forget the red wine vinegar, and don't use too much garlic.  Here is how I made my Home Made Fresh Herb Sausage and Sausage & Egg Casserole. 

Fresh Herb Sausage

  • 2 pounds of raw chicken thigh meat, cut into 1-inch chunks (include all fat)
  • 2 teaspoons kosher salt
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil
  • 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  • 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar or red wine
Read More: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/how-to-make-homemade-sausage/#axzz1x4aI8qJQ 

 

Sausage & Egg Breakfast Bites

  • 1 12oz bag of spinach
  • 1/2 of the Fresh Herb Sausage above. 
  • 8-10 eggs
  • Salt & Pepper
Read More: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/sausage-egg-breakfast-bites/#axzz1x4aI8qJQ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...