Friday, June 22, 2012

Grillin' Week #1: Flank Steak


To bring our weekly dinners back to something more familiar we initiated grillin' weeks.  Similar concept to chopped, the mystery item was the protein.  It was my week to make the selection for Jessica and Scott, and after browsing the meat fridges at Costco, I settled on some nice pieces of Flank Steak!

Scott and Jessica were more than happy to take this challenge... I mean, it wasn't jolly ranchers and pepper jack cheese!  See their Chopped week here!

Scott did the flank steak 2 ways, spicy dry rub and a balsamic Worcestershire marinade.  He grilled both of them up on his beautiful charcoal/gas duo grill.
 

To accompany the steak, they grilled corn brushed with a garlic butter sauce, garlic bread, and my favorite a summertime salad (perfect timing it was the first day of summer!).


Jessica's Summertime Salad
Fresh Strawberries
Fresh Blueberries
Blue Cheese
Candied Pecans
Mixed Greens 
Brianna's Home Style Blush Wine Vinaigrette Dressing


This salad was to die for, I actually had seconds right from the salad bowl (sorry Scott & Jess for my manors, but I couldn't resist).


p.s. I want this... Isn't is so cool/cute for your herbs!!! They bought it the beach art show in Santa Barbara on the weekends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...