Friday, April 27, 2012

Escape the Fog



It was a very foggy day in Santa Barbara and Phil (a very smart man) invited the three of us girls to a Wine & Food paring held at Roblar Winery (Phil is a member) for the vintner's festival. As we traveled over the San Marcos Pass, the fog disappeared and we entered into the beautiful valley of Los Olivos, sunny skies shined over the hills and vineyards.  We made the right decision to escape the fog! 

 The Roblar Winemaker, Dave Dascomb, was there to serve us our first tasting and food paring.  As we tasted wine and treats, we listened to the music of musician Owen Plant

Parings
2010 Block One Reserve Sauvignon Blanc with Santa Barbara Halibut Cevichi
2010 Estate Merlot with Barbaresco Crustini with Chipotle Sauce
2009 Cabernet Sauvignon, Barrel Select with Pita with ground lamb, hummus, onion, and blue cheese sauce
2010 Late Harvest Vioginer with French Vanilla Bean Cheesecake (Served by Chef Ryan)

After the parings we wondered up to the 2nd story porch to enjoy some more tastings and great views of the vineyard.  Where I tasted the 2009 Barrel Select Susich Syrah and the 2009 Triomphe (buy both here)



We weren't ready to go back to foggy Santa Barbara, so we decided to do some tasting at Bridlewood Winery Estate.   The beautiful estate was very busy and there was a party going on.  I don't like when people have parties and I am not invited.  So we went into the tasting room and said, "How do we join the party?".  It was simple, it was a wine pick up party for members, so we needed to become a member and that is what I did.  I couldn't wait to join the pick up celebration that day and I can't wait to be cordially invited every 2 months to another pick up party, that sounds like my idea of fun, SIGN ME UP!

When we entered the barrel room where the festivities were being held we were greeted with a glass of wine, and had the option to taste the wines in the tasting room and tastings right from the barrel.  Don't worry, I did not pass up my chance to try....In addition to the wine, a few hors d'oeuvres were being served. 

Wines
Monterey County Chardonnay
Central Coast Syrah
Central Coast Reserve Viognier
Monterey County Pinot Noir

I bought a half case of 2007 Central Coast Reserve Syrah.  This is the first wine I have ever bought wine tasting that I actually love.  Usually my tastebuds are a little off after wine tasting. Great choice.

Hors D'oeuvres
Cheese plate
Veggie Spring Rolls with Peanut Sauce
BBQ Turkey Meatballs
Cheese Quesdillas with Salsa Verde


Find all my wine tasting adventures here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...