By the time dessert was served we were sooooo full at Friendsgiving, that barely any of the pumpkin pie was ate. This was great because it gave me a lot of pie to work with. I thought the combination of the pumpkin pie filling, whip cream and crust blended with eggs would be a great baked french toast mixture. So I gave it a try and I would say it was quite the success.
Pumpkin Pie Baked French Toast
1. Preheat the oven to 350.
2. Take the leftover Pumpkin Pie and blend it in the bender until smooth.
3. Chop up bread.
4. Crack eggs to add to the blender (I do it in a separate bowl, just incase you loose a shell)
5. Add eggs to blender and keep on low speed just to evenly blend with the pumpkin pie puree.
6. Pour the egg and pumpkin pie mixture over the bread. Bake at 350 for 40 min.
7. Serve and eat. I wish I had extra whip cream to top it off with but I blended it with the pumpkin pie, but you can also top with syrup.
Please note I did not include measurements because leftovers vary. For this recipe I used 2/3 of the pumpkin pie.