Sunday, November 18, 2012

Leftover Remix: Garlic Mashed Potatoes


For some reason I thought it was necessary to cook an entire bag of potatoes for Garlic Mashed Potatoes at our Friendsgiving, but as you can see only about a third was actually ate! And you can only eat so much mashed potatoes, but the 2nd day of leftovers you get pretty tired of the same thing.  

One of my favorite soups is Potato Cheese soup from Silvergreens, but recently we ordered soup and it was watery and no longer the creamy cheesy soup I loved.  I was very dissapointed.  Last night, I thought I can recreate that Potato Cheese soup with my leftover mashed potatoes. 

This was probably the easiest dinner ever and I was sooo happy with the results! 

Creamy Garlic Mashed Potato Cheese Soup

1. Put 1 cans of veggie broth and the left over mashed potatoes in a stove top pan.  


2. As the mixture heats up use a hand blender and mix everything together. Add more veggie broth to get to the consistency you prefer.  


3. Add cheese and stir. 


4. Serve with pepper and top with more cheese. 



Please note I did not include measurements because leftovers vary.  For this recipe I used 4 cups of Garlic Mashed Potatoes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...